"I had a bad fall."

About: Royal Perth Hospital / Emergency Department Royal Perth Hospital / Rehabilitation in the Home Royal Perth Hospital / State Major Trauma Unit Ward 3G

I am an elderly man, who is active around the home.

5 weeks ago, I fell from a 4-metre high roof, landing on brick paving.

I broke 7 ribs, had large areas of soft tissue injury, and had a cerebral haemorrhage.

I was 'whisked' by ambulance to RPH, although I remember very little of the first couple of hours.

I spent 8 days in the Major Trauma unit of RPH, and have been home for 4 weeks recuperating. I am getting better day by day; no small thanks to the folk from HITH.

I have had multiple visits from a Physiotherapist, an O.T. and a visit from a Dietitian.

I also had a lengthy visit from a lass who helped me complete an application to receive a little help with jobs around the home until I sufficiently recover.

In every case, these people were pleasant and friendly, knowledgeable, and went out of their way to help and advise me. I have received a list of exercises for me to do in my home, a lot of help re. challenges like showering, dressing etc.

Advice regarding my diet - so much fantastic information.

This is a truly wonderful service, and all the workers there need to be commended for a great job.

My sincere thanks to all concerned.

Clumsy

Response from Grant Waterer, Acting Executive Director, Royal Perth Bentley Group nearly 2 years ago
Grant Waterer
Acting Executive Director,
Royal Perth Bentley Group
Submitted on 04/09/2018 at 10:54

Dear Clumsy,

Thank you for providing us with this positive feedback. I am very happy to hear how well taken care of you were during the time you were at RPH. We are really fortunate to have such dedicated and hardworking staff and I will ensure that your thanks and praise is passed along to the teams you mention. I wish you well with your recovery.

Dr Grant Waterer