"Compassionate staff at the Geraldton Regional Hospital"

About: Geraldton Hospital / Emergency Department

I was in hospital for a week. I’ve only ever been to hospital in the past to have babies. I was astounded by the level of care and kindness I experienced at the Emergency Department, then the Day Surgery Ward and then to the General Ward. It is one thing to do your job competently but another to show such compassion to patients.

I had my gallbladder removed. It was a very painful experience and I was very grateful to the staff for their understanding and for the way I was treated!

Response from Michele Young, Coordinator Executive Services, Executive Services, WACHS-Midwest 10 months ago
Michele Young
Coordinator Executive Services, Executive Services,
WACHS-Midwest
Submitted on 25/11/2019 at 13:04

Dear Dodge,

Thank you for getting in touch and sharing your lovely compliment about the care you received at the Geraldton Hospital. It is wonderful for the staff to be acknowledged for the work they do and I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to the team. Your feedback reinforces the things that are important to our patients such as kindness and compassion, which are really key to a great patient experience.

I hope you are continuing to recover well.

Michele