"Exploring a new life"

About: Logan House Residential Rehabilitation Facility

(as a service user),

My time at Logan House over the past six weeks has been dominated by an internal paradigm shift from what I 'should' do recovery for, vs what I 'want' to do recovery for.

Upon reflection of my previous attempts to stop drinking and pursue a new lifestyle, I have continually fallen at the maintenance phase. I experienced little difficulty in stopping destructive habits but always found myself stuck and disinterested in life without substance.

I have tried to spend less time 'figuring out' what is different today and shifted my focus to the physical experience of this miraculous transformation. I have felt more hope for a future without substance in my life the past three weeks than I have over the previous three years.

I could write about so much but feel this brief passage best captures what stands out as the most significant personal milestone in many years.

Response from Gerard Moloney, Lives Lived Well last week
Gerard Moloney
Lives Lived Well
Submitted on 16/09/2020 at 15:38

Hello corvuskz83,

Thank you for reflections on your stay at Lives Lived Well's Residential Service at Logan House. I am glad it has been the location of such a significant personal shift for you in this journey of several years.

The paradigm shift you speak of can be the key which opens a new door. It enables such subtle but profound shifts in our mindset as well as our attitudes. The tools and skills we have learned begin to function in ways we have not experienced before and you have hope for the future as you have described.

I wish you all the best for the next stage of your journey.

Warm regards