"ED Department"

About: Sutherland Hospital / Emergency Department

Came to emergency at Sutherland hospital as I got splashed with paint in my eyes. The triage nurse did not even look at my eye and just gave me some papers and sent me to another waiting room where I waited for over two hours before being seen.

Other patients with what were, in my opinion, less severe injuries arrived after me but saw a nurse before me. You would think if you got a chemical in your eye you would be seen a little quicker?

Response from Vicki Weeden, General Manager, The Sutherland Hospital & Garrawarra Centre last month
Vicki Weeden
General Manager,
The Sutherland Hospital & Garrawarra Centre
Submitted on 11/12/2020 at 08:54

Dear geminibt88,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Sutherland Hospital.

I am sorry you had such a long wait to be seen and I understand this would have been frustrating for you.

I am disappointed that you were not kept informed of the reason for the delay as timely communication with you may have alleviated some of the stress you were feeling.

I apologise this did not happen and I have forwarded your comments to the Nurse Manager of the Emergency Department to discuss with emergency staff.

Kind regards,