"Elective Caesarean & MGP @ Broome Hospital"

About: Broome Health Campus / Maternity/Midwifery

I was lucky enough to have my first child born at the Broome Hospital and enjoy the care of the Midwifery Group Practice.

Due to some complications, I could not have a natural birth. The midwives and doctors prepared us for the caesarean procedure by having multiple conversations, answering all our questions. Every midwife we met through the MGP was professional, kind and helpful. Our midwife Jo was amazing throughout my pregnancy care, in the hospital and postnatal.

Both my husband and I think that we have received the best care possible at Broome Hospital Maternity Ward - doctors, nurses, the hospital staff were kind and made us feel secure and cared for in a vulnerable situation.

I also like to point out the importance of the MGP group especially during 'COVID isolation' and in remote areas. We don't have family here and I feel it was life-saving to have their support. Thank you for making the birth of our child a wonderful experience!

Response from Wendy McKinley, Operations Manager, Broome Hospital 3 weeks ago
Wendy McKinley
Operations Manager,
Broome Hospital
Submitted on 04/02/2021 at 11:12

Dear irregularitymj36,

Thank you for posting about your experience with the MGP service and the Broome Hospital Maternity Ward. I imagine you are somewhat sleep-deprived at the moment so I do appreciate you making the time to send this through.

We are immensely proud of the maternity team here at Broome. They are highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated and it is always nice to see this reflected in the patient experience.

I will make sure your feedback makes it back to Jo and the rest of the team.

I did see that you flagged a couple of areas that we could do better and I wanted to let you know that we do have a planned refurbishment of the birthing suites and expect works to commence this year.

The parking has been an ongoing challenge as we have no space to expand our footprint. Our District Health Advisory Council, which is a consumer advocacy group, has been working with us on the introduction of a bus service to try and alleviate the pressure.

I am interested to hear your feedback about the food and the visiting hours. If you would like to speak with me about these things you can contact me on 0417 987 724 or you could email me at wendy.mckinley@health.wa.gov.au.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you are enjoying some quality time getting to know your new addition, and that things are going smoothly for you and your family.

Sincerely