"Pregnancy and birth with MGP 5 at Kind Edward Memorial Hospital"

About: King Edward Memorial Hospital / Maternity

I was lucky to be placed into the care of the Midwife Group Practice 5 (MGP5) for my pregnancy and birth at King Edward Memorial Hospital. My midwife Cailyn was with me throughout my entire journey. This continuity of care made me feel comfortable, positive and confident about giving birth. Cailyn was full of information, caring and listened to your wants and needs. It was great to know that she was only a phone call away.

During my labour Caylin was with me. I had the best care with constant checks on me and baby, while keeping me well informed. She was very supportive, gentle and encouraging. It was all about what I wanted to do.

Unfortunately my labour went on too long and her shift ended so Delaney stepped in for the delivery who was also fantastic! She helped me push through it & cared for me post-birth.

I got to see them both with my home visits after birth which was lovely. I really valued the information they passed on with breastfeeding and caring for my baby.

Even though my labour was long and considered “traumatic” (vacuum delivery), I absolutely loved my experience and would 100% go back into that program.