1. I saw the visiting neurologist at Albany Health Campus in March 2021. They said I needed a particular test, in Perth and I would be notified when that was to happen. He made an appointment to see me again at Albany in early June.
2. By April, I had not been notified, so I rang the Albany Health Campus, Ambulatory Zone 2. The machine said my call was important to them, so I left the details of my query.
3. A few days later, nobody had rung me back, so I took time off work to go in there. The receptionist said it was the neurologist's job to arrange the test and notify me, but that they would ring the next day to find out what was happening and then let me know.
4. After more than a week I realised the receptionist was not going to ring back, so I rang the Neurology Dept at Fiona Stanley to find out for myself. Albany never did ring me back.
5. But wait there's more... when the neurologist got back to FS they emailed the technician to arrange the SSEP test then went on leave.
6. When they returned from leave they found an email from the technician saying the machine that does the SSEP test was broken. So consequently I received no notification to have the test.
7. I saw them again recently (the appointment was changed from early June) they said they would arrange for me to have the test at the only other place that does it, Charles Gairdner. I hoped that this could be done soon to make up for the two months wasted.
8. I received a letter saying my next appointment with them at Albany is in three months. I believe this is not good enough. You would think they would move heaven and earth to get this test organised and give me the results as soon as possible to make up for their, I feel, horrendous service. But no. Meanwhile I am getting closer and closer to being in a wheelchair, and they want me to wait three and a half months to get the results.
"Lack of service"
About: Albany Health Campus Albany Health Campus Albany 6330 Fiona Stanley Hospital / Neurology Department, Neurophysiology Outpatients & Ward 6B Fiona Stanley Hospital Neurology Department, Neurophysiology Outpatients & Ward 6B Murdoch 6150
Posted by pepperzt36 (as ),