Headspace helped me leave the house

(as a service user),

About: Headspace Southport Lives Lived Well - Gold Coast

A little while ago I developed an intense fear of leaving my home. I couldn’t even go on the balcony without experiencing panic attacks. I couldn’t breathe I was shaking. I had to drop out of my courses paying money and getting no qualifications out of it.

Headspace however has been helping me. They sent out people to my home at first to get me used to other people again. They eventually managed to get me enjoying going to their offices. They made it like a second home to me and I’m getting better every day.  I’m hoping that one day the whole world will be accessible to me again. I believe Headspace will help me do that once more.

Response from Philip Williams, Manager, Headspace Southport

Hello "an accessible world"

Firstly our apologies for not responding to your story in a more timely way. It is great to hear that you have been able to feel a sense of hope in the future after what sounds like a difficult period on your life. It is helpful that hear that our services are making a real difference in people’s lives.

Warm regards