Very late notice.

(as a volunteer/advocate),

About: Allied Health - Prahran

Very disappointed that I was not advised of my client's GP appointment being cancelled until 1 hour before it was due to take place, despite the GP not having been working for the past 3 weeks. I find it very inconsiderate to not be advised in advance. It also meant we have had to pay for a carer to see the client for an appointment that was never going to happen.

Do you have a similar story to tell? Tell your story & make a difference ››

Response from Amanda Wilson, Service Experience & Quality Manager, OS&D, Star Health (was Inner South Community Health)

Dear CaseManager,

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience you have experienced because of our late notice of an appointment with one of our doctors.

The reason we did not cancel appointments while our doctor was on leave was because we were unsure of her return date. So, rather than cancel all her appointments, we chose to wait until we were certain she would be in the surgery.

I absolutely agree that one hour’s notice is unacceptable and I will look into the reasons why this occurred so that we can improve our customer service in the future.

Please pass our apology on to your client and don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance in the future (9525 1300).

Kind regards,