You're offline
You're back online! Refresh the page
The site has been updated! Refresh the page

Surgery

About: Sale Hospital / Emergency Department Sale Hospital / Surgery/Theatre Sale Hospital / Surgical Services/Ward

I had emergency surgery almost 12 months ago as my abdomen was full of infection and puss. Although I am grateful of the treatment I received and the nursing staff in ICU and the regular ward were fantastic, I have been left with an unsightly and crooked scar and tummy area. This has left me with psychological and emotional scars that I am still having trouble dealing with. My tummy area is now completely uneven and lumpy and bulges either side of the scar where it has been pulled in and stapled. The scar runs vertically and am still unsure of why it was done that way.

I have delayed in reporting anything in the hopes it would settle down and become more 'normal' but to no avail. My GP has told me the only way to fix it is to have plastic surgery which I cannot afford.

Response from Frank Evans, CEO, Central Gippsland Health

Dear Jazz77

Thank you for sharing your story and for taking the time to provide such kind feedback.

My name is Frank Evans and I am the Chief Executive Officer of Central Gippsland Health.

I am very sorry for the situation you are in and would like to help if I can. I am unsure what I can do, but if you are happy to contact me by phone on 51438660 or by email at frank.evans@cghs.com.au we can see what we can work out together.

Hope to hear from you soon

With kind regards