Having a child with speech impairment

About: Broome Health Campus

I was very concerned and worried about my child’s speech; his speech and words were very difficult to understand and I found it hard to know what he was saying or what he wanted. So I started to take my son to speech therapy to help improve my child’s speech, and make it a bit more easier to understand. We’ve been attending every Thursday and the help from the therapist has been so helpful and supportive. If I didn’t get the help for my child, it would’ve made things a lot harder for my child’s speech and hard to communicate. His speech has improved so much, he talks more clearly and I can understand what he says and what he wants. I’m so happy and thankful because he even knows sign language.

Response from Chris Hart, acting allied health manager, allied health, WACHS Kimberley

Thank you for your feedback octoberhs46. I will ensure that this is passed on to the Broome Speech Pathology team. It is fantastic to hear that you have accessed the WACHS Allied health drop in clinic and that your child's speech has improved and that your child can now communicate their needs much more clearly.

Chris Hart