Outstanding staff and social workers

(as a parent/guardian),

About: Milford House Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital

My elderly Mum was transferred to Sydney Eye Hospital from Prince of Wales as there was a bed shortage.

It was the best thing that ever happened. Mum was taken to East 1 where she was looked after by very dedicated staff members. At this time we got to meet with two social workers, Julia and Beata.

We met with an ACAT worker who agreed Mum could not be sent home to fend for herself. Julia and Beata swung into action as they knew I would be needing a home for Mum.

As the days went by and Mum was ready to leave Sydney Hospital, Julia gave me so many nursing home  contacts by SMS / emails . She persisted and never gave up on me and Mum. I was soo stressed out having just experienced two deaths in the family.

Mum is now in Milford House and she adapted very quickly. This place is one-of-a-kind, not looking like a nursing home. Staff ever so friendly and the Manager very obliging.

Julia - thank you - from the entire family, we are very grateful.

Staff skills

Staff skills

Team work

Team work

Staff attitude

Staff attitude

Daily living support

Daily living support

Response from Pauline Rumma, Director, Clinical Services, Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear lionsr98

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us all. We are fortunate to have such caring and dedicated health professionals working at Sydney Hospital & Sydney Eye Hospital. While no thanks are expected, the acknowledgement you have given to the staff (especially Beata and Julia) is greatly appreciated, and I would like to assure you that your sentiments have been passed on to all the staff. It is lovely to hear your mother is settling into Milford House.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish your mother the best of health.

Regards