Excellent treatment at Bunbury Regional Hospital ED

About: Bunbury Hospital / Emergency Department

Once again I had cause to visit the Emergency Department (ED) at Bunbury Regional Hospital for treatment and again the care and treatment I received was professional and efficient from the moment I arrived at the hospital to the point of discharge, some nine hours later. Not only was I listened to as a patient but I was also kept up to date on what was happening i.e. what pathology and imaging reports were being waited on; what tests needed timed intervals before they could be repeated. This certainly kept the pain of waiting, often experienced by patients, under control.

Every staff member with whom contact was made was friendly and helpful and made the day less burdensome.

I would like to thank, in particular, Registered Nurse Keely, Dr Albert (St. John's), the treating ED Doctor, whose first name, I am ashamed to say, I cannot recall, and the Patient Care Assistants transporting me around the hospital.

Thank you all.

Response from Jo Moore, Director Population Health, WACHS - South West

Dear RAB,

Thank you for your feedback on your treatment at Bunbury Emergency Department. It is wonderful to receive such positive comments and in particular around how the staff communicated with you and made you feel. I have passed this feedback on to the team and will ensure the staff you mention receive acknowledgement.

Many thanks once again for taking the time to provide this feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Jo Moore