Waiting for hours and hours in emergency.

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / Emergency Department

I have been waiting for more than four hours at the Emergency Department -  there is no one in the waiting room and they still haven’t called me up. This service is horrible, I think there is only one doctor on board, which in my opinion is absolutely disgusting.

We are in Australia and in my opinion, we should have a better emergency system. It’s called emergency for a reason, so hospitals should live up to it. I feel it is frustrating and very disappointing that this is how our system is - changes need to be made ASAP before things get much worse and in my opinion, we need more doctors on site for emergencies.

Thank you.

Response from Barbara Daly, Acting Director of Nursing, SSEH, Sydney Hospital & Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear Name,

Thank you for your feedback on the wait in the Emergency Department. I am sorry in this instance you found it frustrating and a disappointing experience. If you would like to discuss further I welcome you to contact me on SESLHD-SSEHExecutiveServices@health.nsw.gov.au.

Barbara