Emergency treatment of eye injury

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / 1 East (Ophthalmology)

I visited the Sydney Eye Hospital’s Emergency Department late at night recently after a sporting injury to my eye.

All the staff from reception, nurses and doctors were so thorough in examining my injury. I found they were time-efficient, considering how busy it was. They were all friendly and kept me well informed in the waiting process.

I returned to the same hospital a couple of days later for a check-up and the staff all continued to remain professional and friendly.

Response from Barbara Daly, ESCM Nurse Manager, Prince of Wales Hospital, Prince of Wales Hospital

Dear herontg75,

Sorry to hear about your injury to your eye, we hope you are feeling much better after seeking treatment at the SSEH.Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your experience.

We are delighted to read your kind words regarding the thoroughness and efficiency of the Emergency Department staff who looked after you on your recent visit. We encourage all our staff to act with great compassion and professionalism in the provision of clinical care and we are happy to read that all staff who looked after you were compassionate, friendly and professional.We will make sure that the Emergency Department team receive your thanks and appreciation for the care you received.

We hope that you are now recovering from your injury and greatly thank - you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Best Wishes,