"Staff handled difficulties with patience and care."

About: Box Hill Hospital

(as a relative),

My parent attended after having a seizure and cutting their head open. Having Alzheimer's they were confused and frightened. Often people become annoyed and frustrated with dementia people, however staff handled the difficulties with patience and care.

I'd especially like to thank Dr Homaira and RN Tahlia. Please pass on my appreciation, thanks.

Response from Gayle Smith, Executive Director, Quality, Planning and Innovation, Eastern Health 4 years ago
Gayle Smith
Executive Director, Quality, Planning and Innovation,
Eastern Health
Submitted on 08/11/2015 at 23:22
Published on Care Opinion on 09/11/2015 at 11:01

Dear Floss,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Patient Opinion.

I am very pleased to hear that we were able to care for your parent with patience and care during what may have been a difficult and frightening time for them. I am also pleased that we were able to minimise the concern for you about how your parent would mange with a hospital stay.

I will make sure to pass on your feedback to Dr Homaira and RN Tahlia, I know our staff always appreciate positive feedback.

I hope that you parent has made a good recovery. Thanks again for your feedback,

With kind regards,