About Care Opinion
What is Care Opinion?
Care Opinion is an independent site where anyone can share their stories about their experience of care. The site covers health and aged care, and community services in Australia, giving service users, their families and carers the opportunity to publish their personal experiences, good or bad, of the care system.
Care Opinion Australia, formerly known as Patient Opinion Australia at the time, was launched in 2012.
See how Care Opinion impacts on healthcare services with our brochure and video here.
Care Opinion is a place where you can:
- Share your stories about care and support services you have used
- See what others are saying about services
- See how services respond and whether they make an improvement
It doesn’t matter whether your story is about aged care, health care or community care - just share what happened to you and we will do our best to make sure the right people in both health and care support get to read it.
Here are some ways that you could use Care Opinion:
- Share what you think of your relative’s care
- See what other people are saying about their care
- Find out which care services have made improvements because of feedback
- See which organisations locally have read your story.
And here is how someone running a care home, service or agency could use it:
- See what people are saying about the service
- Show how you respond to comments about your services
- Share stories told on Care Opinion with staff to demonstrate the impact their actions and attitudes - both good and bad - have on consumers
- Use the extensive reporting functionality to identify thematic organisational issues, inform best practice and improve your service delivery
- Embed stories on Care Opinion into a range of training activities to teach staff and students by bringing the consumer voice directly to those situations.
Care Opinion is a not-for-profit charitable organisation run for the benefit of users, carers, staff and the public.
Why use Care Opinion?
- Care Opinion gives you a public voice to share your experience about the services you use.
- Care Opinion will always try to make sure that the right people will hear your story.
- Sharing your stories about health and care services on Care Opinion can help make services better.
- Care Opinion is safe, confidential and independent of services and authorities.
- Reading the stories that other people share on Care Opinion may help you choose the best care providers.
- Care Opinion works across aged, health and community services. Your story is moderated to keep it safe and constructive for everyone, published and delivered to the right people locally for potential response and engagement with you.
Last updated 16/03/2021