"The experience I had with Drug ARM"

About: Community And Family Support Service (CAFSS) - Drug ARM -Brisbane

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I attended the Drug ARM office for some counselling and I found the staff to be friendly and welcoming from the moment I walked in. The staff offered me a coffee while I waited and remembered my name. My counsellors were not judgemental and did not put pressure on me. They allowed me to talk about what I needed to on the day and were considerate and sensitive to my personal situation. I also liked that I didn't have to tell my story over and over again. I have noticed some positive changes in my life and relationship since I engaged with the service.

The only room for improvement I could suggest would be the questionnaire that the staff need to ask us at the beginning and end of the sessions. I thought some of the questions were frustrating.

Response from Richard Norman, Healthy Options Australia 4 years ago
Richard Norman
Healthy Options Australia
Submitted on 24/12/2015 at 13:39
Published on Care Opinion on 29/12/2015 at 12:56

Drug ARM values feedback from clients as this informs how we can improve our service delivery.Thank you for the positive feedback you provided, I am really glad you identified so many positive aspects of your journey with us.

The questions at the beginning and end of the sessions I think refer to the assessment process, and we always looking at ways we can improve this vital aspect of the program to make it a smooth and person friendly experience.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback.