"Excellent experience at the Townsville Birth Centre"
About: The Townsville Hospital / Maternity Unit The Townsville Hospital Maternity Unit Douglas 4817
Posted by Grateful first-time mum (as ),
This being our first bub, we had no road map to consult as we embarked on our journey towards becoming first time parents. During our initial research on the best options available for the delivery we chanced upon a review about the Townsville Birthing Centre which was linked to the Townsville Hospital and it seemed like a great way to go!
We can only consider it our good fortune that we had a very beautiful birth experience and a safe delivery for bub. Many thanks to the excellent facilities at the Townsville Birth Centre and the fantastic team of midwives, in particular the midwife (Honey) who took care of me and my bub.
What I loved about the Birth Centre:
- One midwife assigned throughout the pregnancy and post natal care
- Emphasis on natural birth
- Home like atmosphere
- Possible to go for water birth
- Very personal experience with only the midwife and support persons present at the time of birth
- Midwife visits the mum+bub for the first 6 weeks after birth at home
Why I am absolutely grateful for having Honey as the midwife assigned to me:
- Honey has been kind, caring and taken the best care of me and my bub and our pregnancy health from week 20 onwards to the time bub was 6 weeks old.
- She was very very thorough with preparing me for the delivery, understanding my choices, being a positive motivating force, helping and guiding me especially since this was my first pregnancy.
- She has been generous with time and patient to answer my queries and reassure me when I had self doubts.
-Even on the day of the delivery, she was calm and composed and very supportive throughout. If not for her my birth experience might not have been as rewarding.
- Even for the postnatal visits, Honey was most obliging, always prompt and provided the right information every single time.
I compliment Honey for such a marvelous job and thank her on behalf of my newborn and my husband.
I was sad on the day of her last visit as our midwife had became like a caring family member to us.
I would highly recommend the Townsville Birth Centre and my midwife Honey!