"No one is communicating with me."

About: Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services

(as a service user),

I am not a bad person, I am kind, considerate, and I don’t take drugs or beat my children, so how do I lose my children? The Department won’t tell me what’s going on. My children are now with my ex-partner, who has had several DVA’s against him, who is a drug addict and yet the Department placed my children with him. How could they do that? One of my children had mental health problems and trashed my house, and abused the younger children, and when I asked the Department for help, they didn’t want to know about it, they just took my kids. They weren’t meeting my needs or my children’s need. I have tried to find out what is going on, and have contacted everyone I can, but no one will tell me anything. I feel like they have just wiped me, and I am a ghost. No one seems to be doing anything, no one seems to be investigating the situation. I think it’s because they know I’m right, and if they investigate it they will see that. The Department is never there when they are needed.


Response from Wayne Briscoe, Strategy, Engagement and Communication, Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services 4 years ago
Wayne Briscoe
Strategy, Engagement and Communication,
Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
Submitted on 28/06/2016 at 11:39
Published on Care Opinion at 11:39

Dear A Ghost

I’m sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced with the department, particularly the communication issues you mentioned. We know it’s important to both you and your children to be kept informed of what is happening and included in any decisions that are made. We’ve recently made changes to our Practice Framework to ensure we work more collaboratively with families and children during assessments, safety planning and case planning so it is disappointing to hear that you feel let down by the process.

I encourage you to contact our Departmental Liaison Officer on 3235 4312 who can seek further information for you and link you with the right people to discuss your case in more detail.



  • {{helpful}} {{helpful == 1 ? "person thinks" : "people think"}} this response is helpful

Updates, changes and questions related to this story

Next Response j
Previous Response k

Keyboard Shortcuts

Shortcut Help ?
Go to Home g + h
Go to Tell Your Story g + t
Go to About Us g + a
Focus Search Box /