"Waiting and overloading"

About: Maroondah Hospital

I had a early morning "appointment" at Maroondah Hospital, got seen a hour later then had to wait again for another hour.

Stop Overloading on patients and get more staff in a area instead of 1 to 20.

Response from Alan Lilly, Chief Executive, Eastern Health 4 years ago
Alan Lilly
Chief Executive,
Eastern Health
Submitted on 12/07/2016 at 05:47

Dear slappy215

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Patient Opinion. I am sorry to read that you have been inconvenienced in this way and I assume that you are referring to the Outpatient Department.

I am also aware that your time is just as important as everyone else's. Whilst we are not at the end of our improvement program, I am pleased to report that we have a number of improvements which have been implemented already and we are also moving to individual appointment times too. Whilst this is long overdue, it has taken much work to prepare for this and the good news is that we are getting closer.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for your experience in this regard and please be reassured that I will also send on your feedback to the local management team at Maroondah Hospital.

Of course, please also let me know if you have any other queries.

Kind regards, Alan Lilly.