"Volunteer at Drug Arm Warradale"

About: Community And Family Support Service (CAFSS) - Drug ARM - Warradale Healthy Options Australia

(as a volunteer/advocate),

My experience at Drug Arm started at the initial training. I met a lot of diverse personalities with various skills and life experiences. On starting at Drug Arm, the support I received to enhance my skills to help others was unbelievable. Everybody has a different skill set and knowledge and the team is very supportive. I felt comfortable and enthusiastic to see my first client. To be able to help make a difference in people's lives and well being is a very humbling and rewarding experience.

Response from Richard Norman, Healthy Options Australia 3 years ago
Richard Norman
Healthy Options Australia
Submitted on 24/10/2016 at 16:49
Published on Care Opinion on 25/10/2016 at 13:02

Hi Moet

Thank you for your feedback. Meeting people from different walks of life is certainly an enriching part of the student/volunteer experience. I am encouraged to see you received support from the other team members and as a result you felt confident to see your first client. We really appreciate the contribution students and volunteers make to delivering a variety of programs and services to the community and I am glad too, that you have found your time at Drug ARM beneficial in terms of your own professional development.

Kind regards,