"Feeling relieved and glad to be going home."

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / 2 East (Medical Unit)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I collapsed and lost consciousness whilst waiting to go see Kinky Boots at the Capital Theatre. I vomited-paramedics apparently struggled to bring me back to normal. I traveled on the train from my home town despite having not been well for a few days with the flu. After taking ill while out, needed admission after the ambulance reviewed me.

I required bloods, monitoring, a chest x-ray, tests and swabs. I found all staff were efficient and caring. However, accessibility and reasonable parking could be improved.

I now feel relieved and it's good to be going home.

Response from Jennie Barry, General Manager, Prince of Wales/Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital 3 years ago
Jennie Barry
General Manager,
Prince of Wales/Sydney/Sydney Eye Hospital
Submitted on 09/06/2017 at 13:10

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I will ensure the staff receive your positive feedback. We understand that parking at the hospital can be a challenge and encourage staff to discuss transport options with their patients and visitors.

I am glad to hear that you are returning home and wish you all the best in your recovery.

Jennie