"Department of Child Safety Labrador"
About: Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services Brisbane 4000
Posted by Excellent case management (as ),
We have been fostering for 15 years with several service centres on the Gold Coast. Currently, we have Melissa Ball from Labrador Child Safety as our Child Safety Officer.
Melissa is an amazing CSO and has provided excellent case management and support to our family. Some of the things that make Melissa outstanding are the following:
* she always follows up in a timely manner with activities such as authorities;
* attends home visits with us consistently every month and is always on time;
* sends through information about any events or activities our child is interested in;
* appears to be genuinely excited for our little achievements;
* visits our child on his birthday and brings him a card;
* spends time with our child getting to know him and building a rapport;
* creates a case plan from a child focused viewpoint;
* when we had a family medical crisis, Melissa called to provide consistent emotional support and even offered to cook us a dinner!
* remembers things about our family;
* engages in "whole body listening" during our home visits;
* if she does not know something, is honest and comes back to us when she has the correct information;
* always attends school meetings and any medical appointments with us and,
* advocates for our child.
When we give her positive feedback, she is so humble. She speaks very positively about the leadership she gets from her Team Leader, Betty who we understand provides excellent support.
We are very grateful for this support from Labrador Child Safety.