"Care in Broome Regional Hospital ED"

About: Broome Health Campus / Emergency Department

After numerous days of dizzy spells with sweating, nausea and falling over I was convinced to call an ambulance and get to hospital.

I'm an elderly retiree with history of vascular disease, bowel cancer and coronary bypass surgery.

The staff at Broome ED were under extreme pressure with overload of admittances. To make matters worse all the monitoring machines were intermittently playing up and causing consternation with nurses and doctors alike.

Amidst this turmoil nurses and doctors took the greatest care of me. No stone was left unturned to eliminate possible causes of my distress. After ascertaining I was not in any immediate life threatening danger I was given relief medication, an appointment made for ongoing care with my local GP and assured scans would be taken in near future to rule out other possible related causes.

I was impressed, as I always am, with the exemplary work ethic and sympathetic approach of the entire Emergency Department.

Thank you Vanessa, Jane, Daisy and the very thorough Dr Alex....

Response from David Gaskell, Regional Medical Director, Medical, WA Country Health Service 2 years ago
David Gaskell
Regional Medical Director, Medical,
WA Country Health Service

As well as being a practising clinician, I oversee the quality and safety of medical services delivered by WACHS doctors to healthcare consumers across the Kimberley

Submitted on 29/08/2017 at 14:27
Published on Care Opinion on 30/08/2017 at 09:20

Dear brutus

What a decent gesture, to thank and commend the ED staff who cared for you without compromise when the noise of equipment failure all around could have led to much distraction. That you experienced being the subject of attention and being cared for well are ultimately the most important measures of their effort and professionalism. The team's focus was you. Thank you for saying so.

I join you in commending our hard-working team, singling out Vanessa, Jane, Daisy and Alex for especial thanks.

Wishing you a speedy recovery,

David

• brutus thinks this response is helpful