"My dental appointment was not in the calander"

About: Dental Services (Bass Coast Health)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I was in for general checkup - that dentist was very lovely!  I had to re-book for two fillings and the receptionist made an appointment for this to take place on another day. I wrote it down on my dental receipt - clearly the receptionist had a brain freeze and didn't put my appointment into your calendar system. I turned up on the date and time for the appointment and no appointment was in your system. An inconvenience and waste of my time and energy. Making appointments is a core process for the clinic. Shouldn't be making these errors!

Response from Jan Child, CEO, Bass Coast Health 2 years ago
Jan Child
CEO,
Bass Coast Health
Submitted on 02/10/2017 at 22:21
Published on Care Opinion on 03/10/2017 at 10:40

I am so very sorry that we inconvenienced you and created this unsatisfactory experience. It is fair to say that the dental reception area is a very busy and noisy environment and I can see how such an oversight could occur if the receptionist was distracted. I have passed on your feedback to the dental team and we are looking at how we can re-design our administrative areas so that we can better manage the peak times and aim to ensure this doesn't happen again. I have a follow-up meeting next week to work through some of these broader solutions. I assure you that we agree that making appointments is a core part of the service and we need to get that right! Thank you for taking the time to provide this very important feedback!

Kind Regards,