"Treatment after a heart attack"

About: Sutherland Hospital / Coronary Care Unit Sutherland Hospital / Emergency Department

I presented myself to emergency complaining of chest pains and nausea. I was immediately sent to a triage nurse who sent me to the emergency ward. A very special word of thanks to Dr Jennifer and nurse Matt; both outstanding professionals. As a retired crew manager for an airline company, I know what service is and can judge attitude and commitment; these attributes were very evident during my time in emergency. Eventually, I was transferred to the cardiac ward where Dr Robert's team again provided exceptional care and professional demeanour. I mention nurse Lisa and Kevin along with Austin amongst the outstanding team. The next day I was provided with a stint in my arteries, and again exactly the same caring professional help and assistance was so evident. I live in the shire and am so very proud of this institution now I will continue to cry out these great attributes. I've been discharged, I'm now pondering my new changed lifestyle ahead.

Response from Kim Olesen, Director of Nursing & Midwifery, South Eastern Sydney LHD 2 years ago
Kim Olesen
Director of Nursing & Midwifery,
South Eastern Sydney LHD
Submitted on 08/01/2018 at 14:26

Dear atlaswg47,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your positive acknowledgement of our staff and services is greatly appreciated.

The staff at Sutherland Hospital strive to provide safe, compassionate person centred care and it is through feedback such as yours that we are rewarded in knowing that we are achieving our goals.

I will take great delight in passing on your compliments and acknowledgement to our committed and hardworking staff.

I wish you good health for 2018.

Vanessa Madunic

A/General Manager

The Sutherland Hospital

• atlaswg47 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by atlaswg47 (the patient)

As a customer focused person from my many years in my job, I am focused particularly on those personas mentioned as well as the excellent team work so very obvious. As you know even with the greatest team it is the individuals who make the final difference, their dedication to go that extra mile to follow up any shortfalls and just be there for you, fills you with confidence when at your lowest ebb and afraid of the unknown