"A family members suicide attempt"

About: Maroondah Hospital / Mental Health Adult Inpatient Units (IPU1 and IPU2) Maroondah Hospital / Mental Health Triage

(as a relative),

A close member of my family attempted suicide and was admitted into Maroondah Hospital, the care was fantastic and it was calming and made us feel that our loved one was in a safe place

The staff made a traumatic experience a little less hard and alleviated some stress knowing our loved one would find recovery and growth within their walls.

Response from David Plunkett, Chief Executive, Eastern Health nearly 2 years ago
David Plunkett
Chief Executive,
Eastern Health
Submitted on 04/09/2018 at 17:21
Published on Care Opinion on 05/09/2018 at 09:09

Dear CalmandCard

Thank you so very much for sharing the experience you and your loved one had when admitted to Maroondah Hospital. This must have been an incredibly difficult time for you all and I was so pleased to read the staff delivered such fantastic care and took care both of your loved one plus also you.

It will give me great pleasure to share your feedback with the team working in the mental service and especially the inpatient units as this will clearly show the positive impact they have made.

I trust your loved one continues to recover well and I wish them the best of health.

David