The Sydney Eye Hospital

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / 1 East (Ophthalmology)

I had a vitreous haemorrhage in my right eye. I went to emergency and was seen fairly quickly. Eventually an ophthalmologist told me they would see me again in a week when the blood cleared, however another doctor looked at my situation and decided leaving it a week was too risky. He would like to operate on my eye today and keep me overnight. I’ve never spent a night in hospital, so it was a surprise.

I can’t speak highly enough of the service I received on all levels. The outpatient service has been excellent as well.

We are so lucky to have such a fantastic Public Health Service.

Response from Pauline Rumma, Director, Clinical Services, Sydney and Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear plutosb43

Thank you for your wonderful praise about the service and that the care and surprise overnight stay and outpatient service met your expectation.

Your message has been made available to staff involved in your care. Whilst staff are proud to deliver the high standard of care, they are also greatly appreciative of such positive feedback.

I trust that you have recovered from the vitreous haemorrhage in your right eye.

Pauline Rumma