Respectful and Caring Day Surgery Experience

This story has had 2 responses

About: Kerang Hospital

I found my short stay at Kerang Hospital to be respectful and caring. The nursing staff were very informative and attentive throughout the whole process from first appointment to discharge.

Response from Margaret Christian, Registered Nurse, Operating Theatre, Kerang District Health

Hi empathyrd77,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Kerang Hospital. Part of being prepared for surgery is being informed about the whole process and I am pleased that the staff kept you well informed, and were very attentive, respectful and caring during your stay from the first appointment to discharge.

My staff enjoy hearing any feedback about their care, so I will be sure to let them know about your comments. I hope you have recovered well.

Kind Regards,

Margy Christian

Response from Chloe Keogh, Director of Clinical Services, Kerang District Health

Dear empathyrd77,

I am really interested in your story. You use the words respectful and caring when describing your hospitalisation. Respect and Caring are two of our four values here at Kerang District Health.

In your story, you have provided us with your own understanding of what these values look like in care at the bedside, and what they feel like for patients. Informative, attentive staff from admission to discharge is a fabulous description of what our staff aim to provide for every person, every time at Kerang District Health.

Thank you for taking the time to write this story.

Kind Regards