Felt uncared for

This story has had 2 responses

About: Broome Health Campus / Emergency Department

I have been sick here at Broome Hospital for the last couple of hours and still feeling dizziness. I let staff know 3-4 times but and from their reaction, I felt they didn't care and are doing nothing.

I have been sick for a few days and can’t get a General Practitioner (GP) appointment.

I have a baby of 17 months so really hard for me to handle each and everything. If I go to another GP then hospital staff will ask why I changed my GP.

This is not a good thing and I think this is a shameful act in Australia

So what can I do?

Response from Rachele Ferrari, Operations Manager, Derby Fitzroy Valley, WACHS

Dear venusmf57,

I have just read your story and really want to contact you so that I can make sure you are getting cared for. Right now please feel free to call Manu John, Hospital Operations Manager 0419 410 346 or, you can make a CARE Call, 1800 669 229.

CARE Call is a way a patient, or their family and carer; can ask for assistance when they are worried about their health or the health of the person they are caring for and feel the healthcare team is not responding to their concerns.

Broome Hospital Nursing Director, Helen Fullarton, and Manu John the Operations Manager have read your story. They will also reply but I have asked that their priority this afternoon is ensuring you get the care you need.

I am very sorry you are feeling concerned about your visit to Broome Hospital and I do hope we can provide you with the right support and care.

Rachele Ferrari

A/Regional Director, WACHS Kimberley

Response from Helen Fullarton, Coordinator Nursing and Midwifery, Broome Hospital, WA Country Health Service Kimberley

Dear venusmf57,

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your recent visit to the ED at Broome Hospital. I was very sorry to read of your experience.

I would be very happy to discuss your concerns with you either in person or over the phone. You can contact me on my mobile: 0408913638. I would like to make sure that you have received the right care and support since this visit and to discuss ways in which we can make visits to the ED a better experience for all of our community.

Warm regards

Helen Fullarton

Coordinator of Nursing and Midwifery

Broome regional Health Campus.