The long wait in the Emergency Department

About: Angliss Hospital / Emergency Department

I split my head open and had a pounding headache due to a wrestling match with my sibling and partner so my parent decided to take me to the emergency section at the hospital and we were waiting over two hours. I felt stressed out and frustrated - so did my parent. I believe hospitals should have quicker services for the Emergency Department.

Response from Gayle Smith, Executive Director, Quality, Planning and Innovation, Eastern Health

Dear jazztw34,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Patient Opinion.

I know the staff in our Emergency Department work very hard to make sure people don't have to wait longer than necessary and I am sorry that in your case we didn't meet your expectations.

At Eastern Health we are committed to providing care in a timely way but sometimes this is more delayed than we would wish because we have more people than expected turning up to our Emergency departments.

I hope that you are feeling better now and have recovered from your injuries. Thank you again for your feedback which I will make sure to pass on to the Emergency Department.

Best wishes,