My time in hospital

About: Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / 1 East (Ophthalmology) Sydney / Sydney Eye Hospital / Emergency Department

I presented to the Sydney Eye Hospital with a referral from my doctor and I was a little overwhelmed by all the procedures and tests and things that I had to undergo.

Every single person I spoke to and interacted with was lovely though. Georgia in the emergency room was an outstanding nurse! Nicola, Paris and Louisa in the east ward were all so lovely and helpful too.

Despite the stressful and confusing situation, I felt well cared about and looked after.

Thank you to everyone who helped me, it really made all the difference!

Response from Alan Porritt, Director of Nursing and Support Services, Nursing, Sydney Hospital & Sydney Eye Hospital

Dear Booandsully,

It is lovely to hear that the nursing staff were able to ease your stress through their kindness and focussing on your needs both physically and emotionally. It certainly makes a difference to your recovery when you have supportive and dedicated nurses looking after you.

I will ensure, Georgia, Nicola, Paris and Louisa receive your gratitude and thanks.

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and all the best in your continuing recovery.

Alan

Director of Nursing & Support Services

• Booandsully thinks this response is helpful