Disappointed in doctor treatment

About: Wonthaggi Hospital / Emergency Department

Saw the doctor in emergency recently. I was so disgusted in them putting me down with everything I said. I was in agony and they made me walk outside and test my legs for a long distance. I was in agony when I left and I felt the doctor was constantly having a go at me medically. I've had 14 surgeries from a motor car accident a few years ago and I know what pain is and I know my limit in walking.

I went to have an ultrasound elsewhere and turns out I had a blood clot in right leg and that doctor at emergency turned me away.

I feel I will never come back to this hospital again.

Response from Jan Child, CEO, Bass Coast Health

Dear runningbk75,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this important feedback. I am very sorry that your experience wasn’t positive. I would very much like to get some more details (your name and date of visit) so that we can review your file and talk to the staff involved in your care. The only way we can improve our service is to act on the feedback we receive so I would appreciate it if you could call me at your convenience on 0472846355.

Thank you in anticipation.

Jan