"Unexpected illness while camping!"

About: Collie Hospital

I was camping near Collie with my family.  On the second day my leg became quite red and painful and I had a fever.  I attended Collie Hospital who were very thorough in checking me over including taking swabs,  cleaning it up and prescribing antibiotics.

Later that day my symptoms worsened and I went back to the hospital.  They were very concerned about how it had progressed and did additional tests including X-rays and more blood tests.  They explained what was going on at each stage (I had severe cellulitis).  They started IV antibiotics and offered to treat me as an outpatient. Each time I went in for treatment they were quick and efficient. The staff (especially Beth and Peter)  talked to each other even if not on shift to discuss my progress and treatment plans.   We stayed an extra day in Collie before making the decision to transfer to Joondalup Hospital as it was closer to home.   The level of care in Collie was fantastic and so personalised.

Response from Lucy Murphy, A/District Manager, Wellington, WACHS - South West 4 months ago
Lucy Murphy
A/District Manager, Wellington,
WACHS - South West
Submitted on 09/03/2020 at 14:23

Dear One happy camper,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback regarding your care at Collie Hospital.

It is really good to hear that the staff were thorough and that they explained each step of the treatment plan.

I will ensure that Beth and Peter are made aware that you mentioned them in your feedback.

I hope that you are on the road to recovery and that you will come to the Collie area again.

Kind Regards