"Feedback for General Rehabilitation Unit"

About: Prince of Wales Hospital / PB1W - General Rehabilitation Unit

1. Temperature: I find that the cold temperature on level 7 is unacceptable to my medical condition (my illness is MS). Two of the worst symptoms to deal with MS is cold and heat. Due to the extreme cold that I experience on level 7, it makes me feel that my recovery will take a lot longer than the previous admissions.

2. Lack of equipment: I believe it takes longer to receive care from the staff due to lack of equipment. It seems extremely hard to keep with the daily schedule. I believe more mo-lifts and better commode chairs will enhance the recovery process.

3. Lack of space: It makes me feel that my transfers are not safely executed. At times, I believe the rooms are far too small and far too crowded for the staff to perform their duties safely.

4. Lack of staff: I believe lack of staff takes away the care that the patient should be receiving. For example, on a weekend, I believe there is 2-3 staff looking after the whole ward. I believe it is unsafe for the patients and very hard to keep up with the rehab program.

In view of all the above, I believe that it is very important for the patients, all these points to be looked at closely and, in my opinion, they can be very easily rectified.

I hope my suggestions will help in improving the function of the Rehab Department.

Response from Natalie Maier, Co -Director, Nursing & Operations, Program of Neurosciences, Cancer Services & Rehabilitation,, NCSR, Prince of Wales Hospital 4 months ago
Natalie Maier
Prince of Wales Hospital

Senior Manager

Submitted on 15/06/2020 at 17:45
Published on Care Opinion on 16/06/2020 at 07:41

Dear firegb35,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your care during your time at the Prince of Wales Hospital. I am sorry to hear that your experience fell short of your expectations. At Prince of Wales Hospital we are continuously trying to improve the services we deliver. Hearing stories such as yours provides us with invaluable information to help improve our care going forward.

To facilitate a full review of your individual circumstances and to enable the provision of specific feedback regarding your experience to the department, I would encourage you to contact me on SESLHD-SSEHExecutiveServices@health.nsw.gov.au

Kind regards,