"Well cared for by ED staff"

About: Wonthaggi Hospital / Emergency Department

A few days ago, I presented at Wonthaggi ED after consultation with my medical professional with what they though might have been a gall bladder attack or a bowel obstruction. Needless to say, I was in extreme pain at the time. I was seen within 5 minutes of presenting of which I was very grateful and scans showed a bowel obstruction. Many thanks to the Dr and the ED nurses (sorry can't remember your names, except Sandy).

Transferred to the ward for a short stay to wait to be transferred to another hospital for surgery and was looked after very well there too. As a Bass Coast Health (BCH) staff member, I got to see the other side of what a patient goes through in circumstances like this. Many thanks BCH for your amazing care.

Response from Jan Child, CEO, Bass Coast Health 2 weeks ago
Jan Child
CEO,
Bass Coast Health
Submitted on 19/06/2020 at 17:41
Published on Care Opinion on 22/06/2020 at 09:45

Dear pageryk55,

Firstly, it is so good that your experience was positive in our ED and Short Stay area, and in our partner health service; and it's even better news that you are now on the mend after a pretty awful diagnosis.

It's a pretty weird feeling for staff members to be on the other side of the bedside, but a great way for each of us to reflect on what is important for patients. I hope your recovery goes well - please let us know if there is anything we can do to support you over the coming days and weeks.

Cheers,