"I feel totally ignored"

About: Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital / Emergency Department

I have been in excruciating pain for 1 1/2 hrs after the nurse told me I would receive pain relief after my ct scan. I believe there is currently no nursing staff in our area, just drs fixing a person's wrist.

I believe it is either incompetence or discrimination against me because I came via ambulance from a mental health centre. I am there because I had a breakdown after my father died.

I feel like they don’t care at all.

I’m in pain (8/10) and very unhappy. I feel I have been totally ignored.

Response from Janet Zagari, Executive Director, Sir Charles Gairdner Osborne Park Health Care Group 2 weeks ago
Janet Zagari
Executive Director,
Sir Charles Gairdner Osborne Park Health Care Group
Submitted on 24/07/2020 at 17:31
Published on Care Opinion on 27/07/2020 at 10:16

Dear Cookaburra,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience within the ED and Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. I am so very sorry to hear that the loss of your father has caused you such mental distress and that you have felt that you were being discriminated against.

Upon receiving your message the ED Coordinator of Nursing was notified immediately and has been checking on patients within the department to try and offer you assistance, however, they have been unable to identify who you are.

If you have not been seen yet, I encourage you to please speak to one of the staff so that we can provide you with analgesia for your pain.

I am hopeful that by the time you read this message you will have received the treatment you require and that your pain is now under control.

Janet Zagari