"My operation"

About: Albany Health Campus / Day Procedure Unit

(as a service user),

I came into the Albany Hospital to have a lesion removed from my lip, in and out in 3 hours.

I just wanted to write and say how happy I was with the service I received, prompt and professional, from nurse Nadine in the pre-op area through to Dr Guss my Anaesthetist and Dr Yeboah my surgeon. Whilst only partially sedated, I was aware of the happy working environment of the theatre. It seemed a good mixture of professionalism and humour, all really seemed  to enjoy their work, and as a result achieved a great team atmosphere, giving the patient a feeling of security.

In the post-op area, the nurses were again friendly and caring, offering sandwiches, tea and coffee, sadly not something I felt I could take advantage of in my condition.

My ride home was telephoned in a friendly manner and indeed I left the hospital at exactly the time that had been predicted the previous day.

Many thanks again for your professionalism, and the kind and caring way that I was treated during an experience that  I was definitely not looking forward to.

Response from Juan Clark, Operations Manager, Operations, Albany Health Campus, WACHS Great Southern last week
Juan Clark
Operations Manager, Operations,
Albany Health Campus, WACHS Great Southern
Submitted on 04/08/2020 at 18:22
Published on Care Opinion on 05/08/2020 at 08:45

Dear Happy Lip,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about Albany Health Campus on Care Opinion. It’s always wonderful for us to receive good feedback. I am very pleased that the staff and services supported you through your surgery and I hope that you are recovering well.

I will pass on your feedback to all involved in your care.

Kind regards,