"Mental health ED presentation"

About: Bunbury Hospital / Emergency Department

(as a service user),

It took some time (over 3 hours) to be seen and the triage and in my opinion, waiting room was a nightmare for clients and staff on this night. However, once we got a bed in the ED the service was second to none. The young female doctor that attended was wonderful and ultimately Dr F (psychiatrist) was called in. This man was so compassionate and attentive. I believe he saved my partner's life. My partner suffers from severe mental health issues and has PTSD around hospitals and previous treatment. I felt this Dr made so much difference for us and I wanted to mention our gratitude.

Response from Jeremy Higgins, A/Operations Manager Bunbury Hospital, WACHS South West 3 weeks ago
We have made a change
Jeremy Higgins
A/Operations Manager Bunbury Hospital,
WACHS South West
Submitted on 09/09/2020 at 19:57
Published on Care Opinion on 10/09/2020 at 09:33

Dear tigerds73,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your partner’s recent attendance at Bunbury Hospital Emergency Department. Following your feedback, I have taken time to review the waiting room with another staff member and speak with patients and staff so as to understand some of the issues.

The Emergency Department management is looking at ways to improve the experience for patients, including providing training to support our staff and opportunities to improve waiting room experience.

I am very pleased to hear that the treatment your partner received was compassionate and made such a difference and that there was a positive outcome for you both. I wish your partner well in their recovery and again, thank you for taking the time to comment on Care Opinion.

Yours sincerely,