"Dental health appointment"

About: Dental Services (Bass Coast Health)

(as a parent/guardian),

I took my child in for an appointment, I waited in my car. After about 30 min my child comes out to ask me to come in and see the dentist. I wasn't temperature checked but I observed the protocols for mask and hand hygiene. Things quickly deteriorated all I needed to do was sign some forms. I was denied to do this because my temp now checked! Was 37. 1. I can state categorically I have been nowhere to contract COVID. I live in Bass and go to only the local shops.

Further, I felt the dentist was extremely difficult to understand. My child felt frustrated and the overall care given, complete with, in my opinion, poor attitudes and a definite, palpable dislike from reception.

Response from Jan Child, CEO, Bass Coast Health 4 months ago
Jan Child
CEO,
Bass Coast Health
Submitted on 03/09/2020 at 17:35
Published on Care Opinion on 04/09/2020 at 08:53

Dear zebraqz85,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

There are a number of issues you have raised which we would like to be able to follow up with you. I wonder if you could call me or text me (0472846355) with your child's name and DOB and date of appointment so that I can follow up on what happened.

I apologise if the communication wasn't optimal. I am also sorry that you weren't temp checked before you came in - that is a mandatory requirement so I am keen to understand why this didn't occur well.

I hope to hear from you.

Kind Regards,