"Length of visit"

About: Broome Community Health Service

(as a parent/guardian),

I have recently had a baby and the community health nurse came to do a home visit. I believe they did not even spend 6 minutes in my house and it all felt very rushed; the baby was weighed, asked about feeding, gave me some booklets and left.

I feel if I was struggling, that I wouldn't have felt comfortable asking them for help.

Response from Emma Croager, A/Director, Population Health Unit, WA Country Health Service 4 months ago
Emma Croager
A/Director, Population Health Unit,
WA Country Health Service

Manages population health matters

Submitted on 15/09/2020 at 20:02
Published on Care Opinion on 16/09/2020 at 08:57

Dear empatrhytc75,

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apologies for the challenges you have had in accessing health services for your child. Your experience sounds really quite traumatic and highly frustrating, and I am truly sorry.

I am also sorry for the delay in responding to you, but I want to let you know that this issue has been discussed with myself as the Director of Kimberley Population Health Unit and the Clinical Nurse Manager of Broome Community Health to understand the issues here.

We are keen to speak with you about this experience and to look at opportunities to resolve this issue for you and your child, as well as for other people who may be in similar circumstances.

I would really encourage you to contact Rosey Lupton, the Clinical Nurse Manager at Broome Community Health on PH 91942 343 or via Rosey.Lupton@health.wa.gov.au so we can learn more about what happened.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are always looking to review and improve the quality and timeliness of our services and understanding the lived experience is important to us in being able to do this well.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely