"Midwife Group Practice"

About: Broome Health Campus / Maternity/Midwifery

I cannot thank my midwife and the rest of the midwives of Broome MGP enough for their care of me during my recent pregnancy and birth. The service and care I received was outstanding at Broome Hospital.

Response from Marie Tweedie, Acting Broome Operations Manager, WACHS - Kimberley 3 weeks ago
Marie Tweedie
Acting Broome Operations Manager,
WACHS - Kimberley
Submitted on 07/09/2020 at 17:28
Published on Care Opinion on 08/09/2020 at 11:14

Dear empathytc75,

Firstly congratulations on your recent birth. It is such a special time for your family.

I am glad to hear that you found the Broome midwives to be outstanding. We think they are great too.

The Midwifery Group practice provides midwifery continuity of care. It is one of WA Country Health’s measures and milestones for success. Research tells us that women who have the same midwife caring for them throughout pregnancy, labour, birth, and post-birth have the opportunity to build a trusting relationship which increases their confidence.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to us on Care Opinion. It is nice to know that one of our newest Broome families appreciates the Midwifery Group Practice model. I will be sure to make sure the team hears your story.

Yours Sincerely,