"Exemplary service by POW Urology Department"

About: Prince of Wales Hospital / DB2N - Urology / Orthopaedics Ward

After complications following an operation elsewhere, I found myself in the Urology department of POW, Randwick for day surgery to investigate and correct the problem. The professionalism and care of the staff was extraordinarily good; despite being busy, they took time to ensure I was comfortable throughout my stay and reassured me at every stage of recovery. I believe the team there, Geraldine, Caitlin and the young Anaesthetist Calvin, should be recognized for the exemplary service they provided.

Response from Andrew Maxwell, Co Director Surgery and Perioperative Medicine (SPM), SPM, Prince of Wales Hospital 2 weeks ago
Andrew Maxwell
Co Director Surgery and Perioperative Medicine (SPM), SPM,
Prince of Wales Hospital

Senior Manager

Submitted on 15/09/2020 at 09:23

Dear patient 007,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, we are very glad that you were able to receive the timely treatment you required at the Urology theatres at Prince of Wales Hospital. The team in the Urology theatres pride themselves on their expert knowledge and the compassionate care of their patients. We will ensure that the feedback you have provided is passed onto the unit and the specific team members you have named are recognised for their efforts.

Kind regards,

Andrew Maxwell

Co-Director Nursing and Operations, Program of Surgery and Perioperative Medicine, Prince of Wales Hospital