"ED, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick"

About: Prince of Wales Hospital / Emergency Department

I was transported to Emergency by ambulance suffering from a mashed-up face and broken nose after crashing to the footpath in South Coogee.

I wanted to let the hospital know about the marvellous and caring treatment I received over the course of the day.

I hope this accolade will make it to the senior managers of their respective health professions because I believe that the workers on the ground are often forgotten and if it wasn’t for them our health service would have no support.

In particular, the treatment I received from RNs Emma and Niamh, Dr Jonathon, physiotherapist Cynthia, and two student nurses, Catherine and Finbar, was second to none. I would be happy if these staff members would know of my gratitude to them. There were others too who checked my post-visit needs.

Thanks to POW for their excellent Emergency Department.

Response from Justin O'Hare, Nurse Manager, ESCM, Prince of Wales Hospital 2 weeks ago
Justin O'Hare
Nurse Manager, ESCM,
Prince of Wales Hospital

Nurse Manager

Submitted on 06/10/2020 at 16:13

Good afternoon Mashed Face,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on your recent admission to POWH Emergency Department in what looks like a very painful experience. The Emergency Department team at POWH sets a high standard for compassionate care and your positive exeperience has not only been fed back to the Emergency Department team, but also senior management at POWH.

I hope you are recovering well and again I thank you for your positive feedback.

Kind regards,