"Overall care in MGP4 at KEMH"

About: King Edward Memorial Hospital / Maternity

I was lucky enough to be under MGP4 model of care, led by midwife Carissa.

Moving back to Perth from remote Kununurra at 20 weeks and not having seen a midwife until 26 weeks, I was feeling uneasy and unsure of what was to come, but once welcomed by Carissa into MGP4, this was quick to change.

Carissa ensured the utmost care and professionalism, along with her nurturing nature, allowing my partner and I to feel at ease from prenatal all the way through to postnatal care.

Being apart of the Midwifery Group Practice ensured continuity and trust, two important factors that we are ever so grateful for, particularly as first-time parents.

Response from Jodi Graham, Executive Director, Women and Newborn Health Service yesterday
Jodi Graham
Executive Director,
Women and Newborn Health Service
Submitted on 26/10/2020 at 14:28

Dear lupusyd57,

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. Thank you for spending the time to provide us with your lovely feedback.

The MGP4 service provided by King Edward Memorial Hospital has been a very successful model of care, which has been very well received by our families. It is lovely to hear that you received the care and continuity you needed to support you through your pregnancy and the birth of your baby.

I will ensure your appreciative comments are sent to the staff involved, with special thanks to Carissa.

I wish you and your family all the best for the future.

Regards