"East Metropolitan Youth Unit"

About: East Metropolitan Youth Unit (EMyU)

(as a parent/guardian),

I am the guardian of a teenager who is Aboriginal. We reside in a regional area and unfortunately, my child was recently admitted to Bentley Hospital East Metropolitan Youth Unit due to issues with depression and other complicating factors.

I feel the service received from the EMYU, especially the psychiatry service registrar, Dr Matthew and social worker, Sean, was exceptional.

Dr Matthew communicated with me as a worried parent nearly every day. He was very clear about what treatment my child was receiving and listened to what our worries and goals were.

Response from Lesley Bennett, Executive Director, Royal Perth Bentley Group yesterday
Lesley Bennett
Executive Director,
Royal Perth Bentley Group
Submitted on 19/10/2020 at 19:46
Published on Care Opinion on 20/10/2020 at 10:10

Dear intensitykr94,

Thank you for your kind words about the care and service provided to your child during a recent admission to Bentley Hospital East Metropolitan Youth Unit. I am so pleased to hear of the exceptional service provided to your child during what must have been a worrying experience.

It is always lovely to hear when staff have left such a positive impression and I’m so glad that Dr Matthew made a real difference by listening to your concerns and communicating treatment plans clearly. I have ensured your thanks have been passed on to all the staff involved in the care of your child.

I sincerely wish your child every success in the future.

Kind Regards