"Mental health nurse"

About: Bunbury Mental Health

(as a service user),

I'm writing this letter in regards to your staff member by the name of Leeanne. She has been my night staff, mental health nurse.

Leeanne has gone above and beyond for me at every opportunity. She has filled me with strength, empowerment and most importantly, hope, again that I may regain control over my life.

Leeanne made me feel truly heard and I mean, truly heard. She took the time to listen and offer me guidance at every opportunity. I have been in the system for 20 years and never have I met a nurse that genuinely cared and respected me as a patient and person.

I would love for Leeanne to get the personal recognition for the work and kindness she has made in my life, and I'm sure other people's lives, for always ensuring I had a voice and that I matter.

Response from Debbie Easther, Regional Manager Mental Health, WA Country Health Service - SW 3 weeks ago
Debbie Easther
Regional Manager Mental Health,
WA Country Health Service - SW

Manage Mental Health Services in the South West

Submitted on 30/10/2020 at 19:47
Published on Care Opinion on 02/11/2020 at 09:55

Dear airbk49,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback about the care that you received from Leanne.

She was very appreciative of your feedback and is very humbled by your recognition.

Leanne is a valued member of our team and is very passionate about caring for consumers and is very happy that she has been able to make a difference for you.

Kind Regards,