"Giving birth to baby"

About: King Edward Memorial Hospital / Maternity

(as a service user),

I worked with MGP 5, mainly Hayley, Caitlin and Delaney and the entire process from start to finish was brilliant!

I started the labour process with Hayley and then it was taken over by Delaney and Andrew (intern) and I found their support to be excellent. They made me feel so comfortable and talked me through the process every step of the way.

After the birth of the baby, I stayed over one night and was helped by so many lovely midwives. I can’t remember all of their names apart from Shea but they were all brilliant.

Once I returned home, Caitlin (who I occasionally dealt with during my pregnancy) came to my house to check on me and her support was exceptional. She was very patient with all my breastfeeding difficulties and checking on my stitches and the baby. Hayley also returned on the last day and answered all of our questions and was brilliant.

Response from Jodi Graham, Executive Director, Women and Newborn Health Service last week
Jodi Graham
Executive Director,
Women and Newborn Health Service
Submitted on 23/11/2020 at 15:49

Dear orangejg67,

Thank you for taking the time to share your birthing experience with King Edward Memorial Hospital and congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your child. I was so pleased to read that it was such a positive experience, especially given the challenges you faced in the days after your baby’s birth. I hope you are experiencing all the joys parenthood provides and that your baby is developing well.

Our maternity service strives to always provide quality, patient-centred care and it will give me great pleasure to share your experience with all the staff involved. Feedback such as yours assists staff to recognise and celebrate the level of care that makes such memorable and positive moments for patients.

Jodi Graham