"Pregnancy and childbirth"

About: Bunbury Hospital / Maternity

I gave birth to my second child recently. I used the Midwifery Group Practice, during my pregnancy and for antenatal care. My midwife was Leanne. She was fantastic. I had a lot of stress during my pregnancy, including hyperemesis gravidarum, other personal matters with my marriage and stress from a previous traumatic birth.

Leanne was extremely supportive throughout my pregnancy, birth and antenatal care. I felt Leanne helped me to feel relaxed and comfortable throughout this experience and she advocated for me perfectly. My birth went a lot smoother, I believe because of this and was a far better experience. Based on my experience, if I ever had more children I would definitely use the MGP again.

Response from Katrina Jones, Clinical Midwifery Manager, Bunbury Hospital, WACHS South West 2 weeks ago
Katrina Jones
Clinical Midwifery Manager, Bunbury Hospital,
WACHS South West

(08) 9722 1348

Submitted on 19/11/2020 at 16:15

Dear authenticnn96,

Congratulations and thank you for taking the time to write to Care Opinion, especially as I can imagine your household is busy following the birth on your second child. I am so pleased that we were able to provide you with the support and care that you needed during your pregnancy and birth journey. You have mentioned a previous traumatic birth and I am hopeful that this positive experience helps you to heal and to move on from that event.

I have passed your words on to Leanne, and I know she will be humbled by your kind thoughts. Take care and I wish you and your family well,

Katrina Jones